Down Memory Lane

Sunday, July 06, 2008 on Sunday, July 06, 2008

This is the first view you get when driving up the old road to my grandfather's cabin, circa 1904. I love this old place. I grew up here and spent many days watching my grandfather sharpen knives, clean his rifles, make squirrel gravy, and talk for hours in front of the fire. I split the mud holes dry, caught fish, and didn't have to wear frilly dresses. I was pretty much raised my granddaddy's only son.



No one stays here anymore. My mother's side of the family has moved on to bigger and better things and now since I drive by almost every weekend, I tend to want to nurse the old thing back to health. Due to vandalism, I decided it was time for a new back porch and new porch paint on the front of the old cabin. We spent most of Saturday and Saturday evening revamping the place where I spent my childhood.

Once the rains came, we decided it was time to pack up and head back to the house. Kent has to work on Sunday (unfortunately), so we thought it best to get home a.s.a.p.

I love the time we spend here. There are so many wonderful memories. I hope to share more with you in the future.

Hope I didn't bore you to death and that you all had a safe and fabulous 4th of July weekend!

I did!

1 comments:

Alaskan Jerry said...

That's a cool looking cabin.. It would be a great place to do a photo opp at.. I enjoyed reading about it and your time spent there..
You see people do read you blog :)