Fall is in the Air

Saturday, September 26, 2009 on Saturday, September 26, 2009

While I was scrolling through my blog, I had to stop to reflect... and... I would like to re-post one of my favorite blogs from this time last year. Thanks for allowing me to reminisce...

We all will enjoy the cooler days of Fall that is certain, but I will miss the hot days of summer. I enjoy all that summer can bring.

I will miss the thunder showers and the dew covered mornings. I will miss the yellow squash and the fresh tomatoes hanging on the vines. I will miss the smell of hay that is newly mowed and the cool nights after the sun sets with sheet lightning in the distance. I will miss fireflies lighting my sky.


I will miss the frogs groaning in the pond, and the I will miss the barefoot opportunities that exist to wander about my yard. I will just miss the whole season.

But Fall is in the air, and so the farm, grass, and animals are welcoming the cooler evening temps. And, I guess that I am too.

'Fall' conjures up visions of gourds, pumpkins, fodder shocks, and colorful leaves. The local farmers market is still being stocked with fresh veggies, herbs, and flowers each week, but I suspect it won't be long before those wonderful Fall colors will splash through the market and give everyone Fall Fever.

5 comments:

Father Potter said...

Exactly...

Beth E. said...

I remember this one! Beautiful...

Anonymous said...

just wondering if you have ginseng there looks like a good place for it

Alaskan Jerry said...

Hello Suzan

Just wanted to say hello. Looks like you all are doing good.

Alaskan Jerry :)

Sake to Me said...

Susan, you are awesome.